Inheriting the success and rewarding experience from its precedents, the Organising Committee is both proud and delightful to announce that the forthcoming conference will be held on 17 to 19 March 2014 at Hotel ICON in Hong Kong.
The International Conference on Railway Engineering (ICRE) is held every three years in Hong Kong with the objective to provide a forum for sharing knowledge and experience; promoting collaboration among practitioners; as well as revealing recent development and applications of new technologies in railway engineering.
The organiser, Railway and Transport Section of the IET Hong Kong, and the Supporter, Communities Committee – Asia Pacific of the IET, of the event, are composed of engineering professionals from disciplines of electrical, electronics, industrial, mechanical and railway engineering across the region. In this connection, the conference is a railway event of high regard in the industry.
ICRE 2014 Theme
Theme of this year will promote “integrating customer experience in the railway”.
The conference is arranged around three main topics:
- Rail Safety and Security
- New Technology e.g. driverless operation and technology, energy efficiency and carbon emissions strategy
Who Will Participate?
The event attract speakers and delegates from all over the world including China, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand and United Kingdom.
We anticipate the event will attract over 120 participants including planners, operators, engineers, researchers, academia, consultants and governments officials of all aspects of railway engineering including electrical, electronic, civil, mechanical, control, signalling, communication and computing. It will also attract manufacturers and suppliers of rolling stocks, tracks, signalling system, power supplies system, telecommunication equipment and other ancillary equipment and systems.
International Advisory Committee
- Mr. Frank Chan (Director, Electrical and Mechanical Services Department, Hong Kong SAR Government)
- Mr. TC Chew (Projects Director, MTR Corporation, Hong Kong)
- Mr. Edmund Leung (Chief Officer, Kowloon-Canton Railway Corporation (KCRC), Hong Kong)
- Mr. Sim Wee Meng (Senior Group Director, Land Transport Authority, Singapore)
- Mr. Leo Mak (Director of Systems, MMC-GAMUDA, Malaysia)
- Mr. Andrew McCusker (University of Wollongong)
- Mr. Angus Cheung (Hong Kong LN Chairman, IET)
- Mr. Derek Boardman (Western Australia LN Chairman, IET)
- Mr. Frank Lewis (Auckland LN Chairman, IET)
- Mr. Isao Iyoda (Japan LN Chairman, IET)